• Score: Johns Hopkins – 7 • Shenandoah - 0
• Records: Johns Hopkins (2-0) • Shenandoah (0-2)
• Location: Pittsburgh, PA
• The Short Story: The sixth-ranked ranked Johns Hopkins women's soccer team put on another impressive performance as the Blue Jays defeated Shenandoah by a 7-0 score at the Carnegie Mellon Tartan Cup.
How it Happened
got the Blue Jays on the board in the ninth minute of play as the sophomore dribbled around two defenders and got the ball past Hornets' keeper Autumn Delellis for the 1-0 advantage.
Shoe Skate Romero Emerica Red Laced BHwggtF
scored her first collegiate goal in the 25
minute as she got past her defender and put the shot inside the far post for the goal which gave JHU a 2-0 lead.
Shower Non Women's Slip Bathroom House Shoes Slipper Slippers YIXIAN Men Stripe Men's Sandals Shamrock
• A successful free kick from
put the Blue Jays up 3-0 at 31:36.
• A minute and 30 seconds later, Jackson scored her second goal of the game as she took a pass from
and put the shot past the Shenandoah defender and inside the far post for the goal which put Johns Hopkins up by four.
• Coulson opened the scoring in the second half as she took the
pass off a corner and tucked the ball under the crossbar in the 60
minute to make the score 5-0 Blue Jays It took just 17 seconds for JHU to net its sixth goal as O'Toole took a pass from
, got past her defender and put the ball past Delellis inside the far post.
• Rocks scored the final goal of the day as she took a
pass off the end line and drilled a shot over the outstretched Delellis at 65:54 as JHU won the game 7-0.
What it Means
• JHU is now 2-0-0 all-time against the Hornets.
• The Blue Jays have won the opening two games of the season in 10 of the last 11 seasons.
• The seven goals are the most goals scored in a game since Hopkins scored nine against Bryn Mawr on September 17, 2017.
• Johns Hopkins scored 12 goals in the opening two games, which is the most goals scored in the opening two games of a season in team history. The previous high was 10 in 2002, when Hopkins defeated Goucher, 6-0, and St. Mary's, 4-0.
Inside the Box Score
• Coulson registered two goals in back-to-back games. Her four goals this season are one short of her career-high of five, which she set in her freshman season.
• With the two goals, O'Toole now has five multi-goal games in her career.
• After registering her first collegiate point yesterday, Jackson added two goals as the Blue Jays had three players score two goals apiece in the match.
earned her first collegiate win and shutout as the freshman made two stops in net.
• The Blue Jays outshot the Hornets 23-8 and put 15 shots on net compared to just two from Shenandoah.
The Blue Jays return to the pitch on Wednesday, September 5 for a top-10 matchup against No. 3 Messiah. The game is scheduled for 7 pm in Grantham, PA.
- 30 -